The mission of the Dixon Petunia Festival Ambassador Program is to develop, and inspire young leaders through a collaboration with Petunia Festival Board Members and community volunteers for the collective benefit of the student and the Petunia Festival.
Goals for Ambassadors
- To enhance the quality of the services provided by the Petunia Festival.
- Support Board Members through helping with events and ticket sales.
- To educate the community about the Petunia Festival.
- Help provide valuable services to our community.
- Cultivate active volunteers for the Festival.
- Contribute ideas for the betterment of the Petunia Festival.
- Participate in events as a training opportunity to potentially join as a Board Member.
Responsibilities of Ambassadors
- Assist in selling 50/50 Fundraising Tickets
- Volunteer at events throughout the Festival
- Assist in parade preparation and clean-up
- Help maintain the Taste Trail Tent and Festival Grounds
Expectations for Ambassadors
- Always be courteous and respectful. Expectations are set per event. Please talk with a Board Member if you have concerns about what is expected from you. If there is a problem, obtain a Board Member. You do not need to handle problems or disrespectful people.
- Ask if you can help someone. A visitor’s impression of our Festival depends on many aspects. Sometimes just a smile and asking if help is needed is all someone needs.
- Provide at least 20 hours of service to the Festival during the week. We need help selling tickets, cleaning tables, running events, and helping with events. We will work with you to schedule when and where you will be volunteering.
Download a form using the button below. Completed forms may be mailed or dropped off to Dixon Petunia Festival, c/o Ambassador Program/Stacie McCullough, 77 S. Hennepin Ave., Dixon, IL 61021.